Sunday, August 22, 2010

Goodbye to Summer



This is the last photo that we took on our summer vacation this year. It is the same rest stop that we took a picture at 2.5 years ago on our way from Mesa to Houston. I am so glad that we found it again and that I now know which mile it is at along the route east on I-10, it is a lovely little rest area that is extremely well kept. The people that take care of it were even mopping the tile outside of the bathrooms, I know because I saw them do it! I even thanked them for keeping it so clean.
I get a little emotional when I think about this rest stop, I don't know for sure why but I have latched onto it. Maybe it is because the shelters look like giant hand cart beds and I felt a little bit like the pioneers starting over in a new place when I first stopped there. Maybe it is because it represents that there is a long journey between me and my loved ones. I haven't found the reason for sure, that may take some time for sure, but for now I know that I love the wagon wheels and that we now have 2 pictures here and a new tradition to follow when driving along this stretch of Interstate.
Tomorrow is the start of a new school year. I promise to post some highlight pics from the summer and to start again regularly here.

4 comments:

Shanna Butler said...

cute picture susan. we miss you guys.

Rachel said...

Wow! A post. With a new little that is easier said than done.

Linda Butler said...

You got me "teary eyed" while reading your post. Thanks. Love you.

chelle said...

Same here momma Butler.
LOVE the pic. I can't believe how big everyone is getting.