Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mole Cricket

Last night I found a bug in my kitchen that I had never seen before in my lifetime.  I looked up online because I wanted to know how concerned I should be.  Ends up it is a MOLE CRICKET.  I have to say it is one of the strangest looking bugs that I have ever seen.  Of course I had to catch it and put it in a jar for the boys to see this morning.  They thought it was so cool!  Jongr wanted to take it to school today, silly boy.  I did not take a picture of it, but here is a link for one.  

5 comments:

mishalee said...

so you didn't scream, stand on a chair and make dad deal with it? you ARE super mom!

did you get a little love from Elena in the mail?

Laura said...

That has got to be the strangest looking bug I've ever seen! I would have freaked.

Me said...

Looks kind of like a little lobster...so I am sure it would taste excellent with some garlic butter and a pinch of lemon...of course this is coming from someone who enjoyed teriyaki grasshoppers in Japan. :)

Susan said...

I should have written that I once I had placed the cup on top of it, I had Paul deal with putting it in the jar. I did help a little, but then it started coming out of the cup and I backed up right away. I didn't scream, because the boys were sleeping.

chelle said...

EWWWW! Not a pleasant thing to find inside.
Hope everyone is well there. Are you guys planning on going to the wedding? We haven't decided yet. I find out Tues. if I am having surgery and when I guess. I am so ready to feel better! Love you guys. Give everyone a hug for me. :)