Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April Fool's Day and our Garden

Jonpa went on a business trip this week and while he was away here are a few things we did.

Jongr had to write a paper about April Fool's Day this week and he wrote about when his cousin glued a coin to the walkway and watched as people tried to pick it up. So he decided that it would be fun to try it too. I didn't get a picture yet and we haven't caught anyone trying to pick it up (except for Jongr). It is still glued to the sidewalk in front of our house, maybe we will catch somebody still. It would make his day. All day on Friday they kept playing little jokes on each other. Silly boys!

A picture of Jongr helping Jonli to walk around, you can tell that she loves it. She is walking along everything now and we suspect she will be doing it on her own soon.

Jongr and his classmates performed a musical called Welcome to the Jungle, based on Aseop's fable "The Lion and the Mouse". They did a good job, he was embarrassed when I was trying to take his picture and wouldn't look at me, he is in the back row.

Bucket Garden take 2. We have planted almost everything now, we still want to get some more flowers, but we are hoping to harvest a few more vegetables this year. If we can keep the bugs away that is.

While I was opening the gate to go get the hose to water the plants, this little guy jumped off the gate and onto the house. Apparently I startled him, he was gray when he jumped and we watched him turn green again, it was pretty neat. He changed pretty quick so we only got a picture after he had changed to green. Finally caught up, with the blog at least.

3 comments:

Linda Butler said...

I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for doing it. Great pictures. Loved the chameleon.

Jennifer said...

I can't believe how big my tree is now. You are taking such good care of it. Is that also two plumeria trees I spy? What a green thumb.
-edwin

Leonora Butler said...

I love Jonli's smile! She seems so happy. I wish we had a spot to do a garden, I will miss that this year.