Today we also went and read a story in Jongr's classroom. We took Pirates Don't Change Diapers to read today, since it is National Talk Like a Pirate Day this Saturday. We didn't walk this time though, we drove or else the math problem could have read; If Jonsu and Jontu have to cross the street 5 times to get to the school, how many times did they cross the street today if they walked to the school and back 3 times? Anyone that is looking for a good story problem for their kids? Maybe we could come up with a few more.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Cross the Street 5 times One way
Today on our walk to school to pick up Jongr, Jontu asked me how many times we have to cross the street before we get to Jongr's school. So we counted, it is no less than 5 times. That adds up to 10 times for a round trip and since Jontu, Jonev, and I walk that route roundtrip 2 times a day, it equals 20. That would make a good math story problem. LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
National talk like a pirate day??? who came up with that one.
Hope you are having a great day.
and do you intend to talk like one? Baby Jonev might get confused.... ;> Love you.
argh...you are both funny!
Arrrr me thinks you need to skip all the math talk and walk the plank!
I am so impressed with how great you are at eating right and exercising. I need to move in with you guys. I'd finally be fit and trim!
I wish we lived closer to the schools so we could walk to them. We could walk to Andrew or Sarahs school, but I don't think either of them would care to much if we did. Sarah might enjoy it I guess. But I am not sure I am up to walking that far. I could probably walk on eway pretty well. It is 1mile exactly. I am able to walk a lot more and with less pain now. SO maybe soon I will be able to do that.
Love you guys!
I have a math problem for you: It takes Alice 6 miles to drive to school. Along the way she drives through 18 stoplights. How many stoplights are there each mile? Yip! I drive through 18 stoplights everyday.
Post a Comment