Monday, August 31, 2009

a few of our creations



While Grant has been back to school, I have been able to get a few things done that have been on my list to finish up. Here are a few pics of what we have been up to this week while Jonev has been sleeping.

I finally figured out how to make a self binding blanket thanks to this great tutorial. The one that I started back in the spring didn't work out.
Two baby changing pads with a matching burp cloths for a couple of my friends. When folded it makes a pocket you can tuck diapers and a wipe case into.
My new purse, thanks to this tutorial. I have been wanting to make it for a couple of years. It is smaller than my other purse, I think that I am going to make a little bit bigger one for the times when I need to carry my stuff plus the kids things. But I love how it turned out. I appliqued the oak leaves on and then machine stitched over them the leaf veins. It was fun to make!
Jontu gets quite creative with his lego building, today he wanted to recreate a picture that we took right after we moved here. Silly boy!

7 comments:

Kerri said...

I wish you could be my next door neighbor. We'd have such fun. Your projects inspire me.

Rachel said...

Looks like you've been busy. I am still playing catch up from all of the wedding stuff it feels like.

Susan said...

I do need a good next door neighbor like that. It would be lots of fun.

Laura said...

You're so crafty! I'm not so much.

chelle said...

I so want one of the purses.If I send you the materials..will u make me one...pretty please! :)
I need to move 1000 miles SSW
you are too amazing.
lov ya

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

I love your purse! Is mine next? ;>

mishalee said...

Awesome Susan! You have been a busy girl. Love you!