We had so much fun this year and ended up staying for almost 5 hours. We still didn't get a chance to see all that we wanted to, but the boys enjoyed themselves and I did to. Thanks to our friends the Dattilo's for inviting us to join them and some of their other friends. The first thing that we did was the Farm to Market experience, the kids get to walk through with a basket and collect different things at different stations. In the one below they get a seed to plant, and then they collect a pepper, or onion, or carrot, or whatever they have planted to take to the market. Here is Jonev planting his seed. You can see he is holding one of the eggs that he collected from the chickens, he loved it and didn't want to let it go.

This is the best picture that I got of the group of kids that we were with.

Jongr decided that we needed to take a picture with this momma cow and her baby, we had walked down a long isle of beautifully groomed cows and got almost to the end and here was this cute little calf. Jonev was so interested in the animals that he didn't want to look at the camera for more than a second and I didn't catch him looking.

The boys loved climbing on the tractors, Jonev especially and again he wouldn't hold still, he was so excited by actually sitting on a tractor. It is just like Grandpa B's but green instead of blue.

I love taking the boys to the livestock show and rodeo, besides the cows, we also saw pigs, goats, sheep, hens, rabbits, and baby chicks hatching. It reminds me of going to the State Fair when I was a little girl. While we were eating lunch we sat and listened to the auctioneer interviewing the kids that had animals in the livestock show. It was pretty interesting.
1 comment:
I remember our older boys playing on tractors with their friends at the zoo. I am grateful Houston has similar play opportunities! We send our love.
Post a Comment