I have been on a repurposing kick again and this time it doesn't have anything to do with Girl's Camp, the young women of the Mesa 5th Ward would ask me why we always had to make something with the garbage (I don't think that was the exact word, but the meaning). LOL! I love to make stuff out of old stuff and am inspired by all of the fun projects that I have found online and in magazines, I am amazed at how talented others are. Thanks for all of the inspiration.
This time it started when I cut up one of Jonpa's old jean shirts and started making some fun bags with it at christmas time, I made Jontu a little bag for his small Book of Mormon. Then the idea's started flowing. Jonpa had quite a few shirts that had gotten ruined in the dryer or were worn so much that he couldn't wear them to the office anymore, but most of the fabric was still in good shape. Jongr kept asking for a bible and so we bought him one for Easter, but his scripture bag was too small, so then I made him a new one using some of the old clothes too. I still had a lot of fabric left and wanted to make an apron out of it. I had recently been searching around on the web for some apron idea's and came across this awesome blog with lots of fun aprons, there is a link for it later on. After taking some of these ideas in, I made an apron for myself (it's reversible), then one for Jongr and Jontu (I got the idea for the aprons from this creative blog). I have some ideas for bibs for Jonev too, but I am still working on perfecting them. The first one didn't turn out like I wanted it. Today I finally took pictures of it all. Thanks so much to Jen for encouraging me and continuing to help me find ways to repurpose the stuff that we have instead of buying new things. Thanks for Lisha and Misha for inspiring me to be more GREEN. I am also thankful for the creative ideas that have flowed so freely for me this past month especially. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me very much.
I love creating things, it makes me so happy!

7 comments:
Love the projects they look great! Maybe someday I'll feel like I am caught up enough to try some fun!
Who says that I am caught up. LOL!
You're so crafty! I can't ever think of things like that!
Go Susan. You always love to create, your apron turnes out dang cute.
You look GREAT! it has been fun to keep up with your family!
SUSAN! Oh my gosh, you are one talented mama! Great job on all of your projects. I miss you.
I love the ideas! Imay have to have you send me the scripture tote pattern. My kids all need new ones.
But, if it's like every other thing I "plan" to make, it will never get done. Evan's blanket is still in he same spot it was a year ago when I was trying to get it done before he was born!
UGH!
Post a Comment